D-NEW GENS PROGRAM (NGP)
Our goal is to
- To inculcate the right social norms and values in the growing youth population of the community.
- To increase the chance of employability as well as promote self- employment and entrepreneurship amongst youths in the communities.
- To provide youth with the information and opportunity to make a better decision in their health and lifestyle.
- To reduce the rate of intergenerational transmission of HIV/AIDS and STI related diseases among youths.
The objective is to
- De stigmatizing youths in Police peripherals, for the maligned status of youth gives ample opportunity to police to be always suspicious of
- Help prevent the spread of new infections of HIV/AIDS and STI among youths especially in tertiary educations.
- Reduce the incident of sex for economic value and school grades on tertiary institutions.
- Understand what life is like for people infected with HIV/AIDS and STI.
- Develop a youth group through various measures, e.g. group work, screening of movies in demand as well as giving moralistic messages, making sports accessories available to them.
- Conduct Street theatre on social issues in the urban slums in participation with Nigeria
- Set up of vocational training center and tie up with the community leaders.
- Holds a community workshop about the health risks of inter-generational sex, self-piercing and self-
- Develop public service announcements (PSA) to help prevent HIV/AIDS in rural communities using their native language.
- Develop and distribute a learning resource.
- Write and perform a community